Rules and terms & conditions of events
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For payment through the New Zealand Orthopaedic Association’s website and related ‘Walk for Wishbone’ site
- The NZ Orthopaedic Association is an Incorporated New Zealand society (CC43153) and all website activities come under New Zealand legal jurisdiction.
- The NZ Orthopaedic Association is committed to following fair business practices. To this end we assure customers that the operation of this website follows the Model Code for Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce published by the New Zealand Ministry of Commerce, and that we faithfully observe our obligations as set out by the Fair Trading Act 1986 and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Payments processed on this website will appear on your bank statement with the payee listed as ‘NZ Orthopaedic Association’, except donations or payments made to the Wishbone Foundation.
- All donations and payments made on this website to the Wishbone Orthopaedic Research Foundation of New Zealand (Wishbone Foundation) will appear on your bank statement with the payee listed as ‘Wishbone Foundation’.
- Valid payments will be processed by NZOA once received. When paying please ensure valid credit card details and all other fields are completed as required. The NZ Orthopaedic Association / Wishbone Foundation will issue receipts for all payments received.
- Any prices displayed on this website are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and include NZ GST at the applicable rate, unless stated otherwise.
Paid event registrations – cancellations and refunds
- The NZ Orthopaedic Association reserves the right to defer or cancel any event if there are insufficient bookings or conditions arising beyond our control. A refund of registration fees in most situations (other than ‘force majeure’) will occur.
- The NZ Orthopaedic Association reserves the right to not refund fees when cancellation by the registrant has occurred. Cancellations by registrants will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Individuals are responsible for cancelling their own hotel and travel reservations. The NZ Orthopaedic Association does not accept liability for hotel, travel or meal costs before, during or after the event.
- The Wishbone Foundation does not accept liability for reasonable changes or cancellation to its events, especially in ‘force majeure’ circumstances (e.g. accident, road closures, power supply failure, abnormal weather, etc).
- Where possible, the Wishbone Foundation will do its utmost to advise registered participants of event cancellations or changes (including website updates, social media and/or email communications).
- The Wishbone Foundation regrets it cannot pay out any expenses, costs or losses incurred as a result of any cancellation of its events.
Donations and receipting
- Receipts for donations made to the Wishbone Orthopaedic Research Foundation of New Zealand (Wishbone Foundation) will be issued within 10 working days. Receipts for regular donations will be issued at the end of each financial year (i.e. 31 July).
- If you have made a donation to the Wishbone Foundation you need to withdraw or dispute, please contact us within five working days. Refunds will be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- If you wish to withdraw your ongoing support to the Wishbone Orthopaedic Research Foundation of New Zealand (Wishbone Foundation), please contact us.